Lurker
Threadstarter

EnigmaticSoul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Camera flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCGeeks4ME View Post
Well, actually it doesn't turn on the flash except for the duration of the photo exposure. The LED has two brightness levels: a dim light used to help you see what you're about to take a picture of (and as an AF assist), and a bright light used for taking the picture. When you manually turn the flash on, only the dim light comes on; then, when you actually take the picture, the bright light comes on for a very short period of time.

This is actually very similar to the AF assist light found on most point-and-shoot cameras. On my Canon SX110 IS, the default behavior of the AF assist light in low-light situations is to stay on constantly, so as to help me frame what I'm about to shoot.

If you're looking for a way to disable the dim light altogether and only have the bright light come on during the photo exposure (to remain conspicuous, I guess?), I don't know of a way to do that.
I'm not sure if that reply is directed to me, or to the talk about the Palm Pre.

If it's to me, then all I'm looking for is the ability to have the flash actually behave like a flash and not have to manually turn it on and off before and after taking a picture...