View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 02:17 PM
weedahoe
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: GPS on XV6800 WM6.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezjono View Post
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to the ROM replacing scene but was able to upgrade my Verizon XV6800 to the newest WM6.5 release (using 23007B-btonetbone 6.5 ROM). I am really enjoying it so far except for the fact I cannot get GPS to work. I have gotten it to work on an older 6.1 Custom ROM following the guide found here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix

I have followed this guide religiously through the 6.5 ROM, but it is just not locking even after waiting 5+ minutes and it shows the timeout. Anybody have any tips to getting this running? Does 6.5 treat GPS any differently than 6.1? Has anybody gotten this to work through Verizon? Thanks in advance!

-pezjono
What Radio and ROM version do you have? Is your location turned on? Do you have data on your device so that aGPS would benefit?