PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

steps is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to steps
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
I know two people with moguls, one is a hardcore tweaker like me, and the other doesnt have a clue what he is doing with a phone like this (mainly got it cause i told him i could watch youtube on it)

N-e ways, the sprint junk has almost nothing to do with the amount of ram being used, it maybe accounts for 2-3 mbs on start up, when you compare that to the amount that gets sucked up by the "cache" (which is utter bs to me), it doesnt even matter

i remember, after cutting a whole lot of stuff out, i had my mogul starting up at around 27mbs (after oxios ran), but it still found a way to suk more than half of that into its
"cache", and the only thing that seems to stop my memory from going into the black whole is restarting the phone

wm6 is a ram eater, period, wm5 is a ram eater too, it sucks more than half of 64mb off rip just like wm6, the only thing we can do is try to make memory stop disappearing
Hopefully soon we can get some kitchens or full custom roms that use very little ram. It just annoys me I have to reset almost every 2 hours or so now or not menus will open and it's very sluggish. I don't see why HTC didn't pack these ppc with 128 or 256mb of ram. If we had that it wouldn't matter if WM6 ate ram...unless it kept going until till all the ram was gone lol