View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 03:52 PM
ou2mame
i don't miss blackberry

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NO sprite backups will restore, how can this happen?

I back my phone up once a week with sprite backup. i was running mightyrom 5, 5/24, and decided to try the latest mightyrom 6 because of the ezinput drivers potentially being fixed. anyways, i tried to restore the backups from mighty5 to the installed mighty6, but it didn't work so well, so i figured eh, i don't have the time right now to reinstall everything (gf's in the hospital), so i'll do it another day.

so, i reflash mighty5, 5/24, and every backup that i have freezes at random files. either its a random log file in one backup, or the google maps cache file in another, or one of the start menu .lnk's, and i couldn't get a single backup file to actually restore my phone.

i flashed an older version of mighty, and nothing. i flashed the latest again, then the lowest, and no matter what i did, absolutely no sprite backup file will restore.

has this happened to anyone else, or can anyone figure out why? i spent the entire night last night reinstalling everything manually on the latest mighty6, but i'm afraid to back it up, or restore it. i made an spb backup as well as a sprite backup, and hopefully one of those actually works if i need them to, but i don't even know if i want to try, risking having to redo all this stuff manually if it doesn't work for some strange reason.

oh, and i tried the sprite backups through activesync, and through the interface on the phone itself. same problems. the backup files can be read through sprite explorer though, and i can restore individual files from sprite explorer to the device.