View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 12:54 PM
SolApathy
Regular 'Geeker

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Finding your lost phone...Solution?

Is there any way to do this?

Ok, we've all done it.. Where did I put my phone!!!!!!

I was looking into an added function for voice command... The implementation would require you to have a connected BT headset for one mode of operation; texting would be the other. Here is how it would work...

Press the button on your headset to activate voice command

An added command called "locate" would be the trigger.

upon saying locate, the phone would kick on max volume & sound an alarm (of the users choice) so you could find what pile of clothes you hid it under.

The second implementation would use texting the phone. This would use some of the same features within Mobile Justice ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/mjustice/ ) but in addition to GPS notification, a feature to again, kick volume to max on the phone & sound an alarm for location purposes.

I think this would be something extremely useful, since where we lose our phones we don't always have GPS availability, or another GPS device to locate where our phone is. Most of the time I lose mine in a pile of clothes or something & it's annoying trying to find it when I have the ringer silenced!