View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 11:57 PM
quick99si
Halfway to VIP Status

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Discussion on the phone application crashing when ending the call too quickly.

The phone app on my TP essentially crashes and cannot be launched until a soft reset. This has happened to each of the 4 Touch Pros I've had, as well as in every ROM except the stock Sprint stuff. It happens 1-5x per day, and this is fantastic, I just figured out how to force a crash too

UPDATE:
As a quick update, disabling the Tachi dialer has put a stop to the crashes. I'm using the stock WM6.5 dialer, no liking it too much, but at least I get to use my phone.

It happens randomly when:
1. I try to save a contact from the call history (native WM call history)
2. Open Contacts
3. Add a contact to an SMS message
----- These all seem related to the Contacts thread, which just closes, kicks me to the home screen, and disables the phone.

Or I can make it crash by:
4. Dial any number and press "END CALL" before it connects (while "Dialing.." is displayed) - call goes through and I cannot hang up.

Symptoms of the crash include:
1. Inability to bring up phone app (both hardware and software)
2. Inability to receive calls - the phone still rings and flashes as normal!
3. Contacts works as normal
4. Different signal icon (screenshot below)

WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?? It has become very frustrating to miss phone calls when I'm expecting important calls from people. I'm currently on a TP manufactured in March, Energy ROM (07/14 "Mercury" WM6.5), Sprint 1.11 radio.

(the phone is actually in a call right here, hence the 1x)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sshot000.JPG (33.4 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by quick99si; 09-27-2009 at 11:11 AM.