View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 01:44 PM
86shelby
PPCGeeks Regular

86shelby is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Signal Strength Issues....

I, too, had signal problems on my TP after flashing Mighty ROM. I couldn't get an EVDO data connection to save my life. After an hour on the phone with advanced tech support & advanced data tech support, I have EVDO again.
Here's what worked for me: (I'm not instructing you to do so, so if you do & break your phone, it's not my fault)
Open EPST by dialing ##778, send; or ##778#, whichever it is for your carrier. Enter the unlock code (search here or google to find out how to get it) Tap the left soft key (View Info), go to the security page. The second entry (HDR AN AUTH PASSWORD) should be your phone's --forgot which, will edit later after I look to see what it's called-- **CRAP- I thought it was on the back of my phone, but it's not. I guess either call tech support or ask around here & see if anyone knows which number I'm talking about & how to get it** number. If it's not, edit it, making sure all letters are capital. Then go to the right soft key, tap ok & tap ok to reset. After I did this, I haven't had one issue. I also dialed *228, options 1 & 2, just to be sure.
It was either Mighty ROM 6 or SSK 2.4 that did it to mine, so if yours is wrong too, it's got to be MR. I'm gonna go pull my battery & see which # it was.

Last edited by 86shelby; 07-21-2009 at 01:56 PM.