Old 07-21-2009, 12:27 AM
mustardsteve
Lurker

mustardsteve is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hoping for a cure for water

Hi folks.
I have doen a bit of searching for Touch Pros getting wet, but I haven't find a solution yet.
BASICALLY I spilled a half of can of coke on my Touch Pro last night and I woke up to it frozen on the screen I had left it when I went to bed.
I tried buttons and everything but wound up doing a soft-reset with the stylus.
I should have taken out the battery immediately and set everything to dry, I know, but I was in a bit of a panic I guess.
Anyway the phone shut off, then started booting again. Nothing ever appeared on the screen, but I did get the usual vibration when the phone turns on.
Now the backlight comes on when the battery is in. Hitting the power button turns it off for about a second, but then the backlight comes back on. I tried to do a hard-reset, but it wouldn't even let me into that scren.
I googled a bit and found someone had had luck by just putting their phone in a bag of rice and leaving it (to draw out the moisture). It sounded crazy but I tried it.
It didn't change anything, still doing the same thing. I left it for about 12 hours I guess. I'm going to put it in the bag again overnight but I'm not feeling too hopeful about this.

I'm really hoping I can solve this on my own somehow because I have a custom rom loaded on to it, and I can't afford a new phone. I'm on a 3 year contract with Bell
So if anybody knows either a solution to the problem, OR a way to somehow flash the ROM in its current state (though probably not possible), please let me know.

Thanks