View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 03:57 PM
btonetbone
Regular 'Geeker

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Altell Titan on Verizon Towers

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer06 View Post
That first sentence is a little confusing, can you re-phrase it please?
Sure. Using the Alltel 40051 PRL gives you full access to all of the Verizon, Sprint and Alltel towers in your area. It is the best option to have the most coverage.

Based on my understanding, putting a Verizon PRL on your phone is a bad idea. You would be mixing and matching your phone's information by utilizing a Verizon PRL and an Alltel ESN (the digital fingerprint that identifies your phone as your phone). This may cause some headaches for the system, which will be confused as to what service your phone is subscribed to. I wouldn't be surprised if you receive some odd roaming charges or spotty service because of this. I am not an expert, so my main recommendation is to call Alltel (or Verizon) and ask.

You can also certainly try the Verizon PRL out and see if it works. I could be entirely wrong. I'd recommend having the Alltel PRL handy on your storage card, just in case you need to replace the Verizon one with an Alltel one.

I hope that clears up my intended meaning.

Original:
Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
By using the 40051 PRL, you are gaining access to all of the Verizon (and Sprint) towers. I would recommend again putting put a Verizon PRL on your phone, or you may experience some unexpected results. You are basically identifying your phone as an odd hybrid of Verizon/Alltel because of a mismatched ESN and PRL. I'd be afraid of getting random roaming charges billed to me. You may want to call Alltel and ask.