View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 02:18 PM
btonetbone
Regular 'Geeker

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Altell Titan on Verizon Towers

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer06 View Post
Hello, I was wondering if I put a Verizon PRL on my Alltel phone if that would make it pick up all the Verizon Towers? I just recently updated it to 40051 from http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/prl/index.asp

If I were to put 51495 or 65025 - 65124 from Verizon on my phone would I get the Verizon towers with out being charged roaming.
http://www.roamingzone.com/prl/#Verizon

I know that Verizon and Alltel are now 1 in a way, but there are some places I go in Arizona that Alltel doesnt get service, but Verizon does. I guess what I am saying, is there a way to pick up Verizon towers with out being charged for roaming?

Is there a different way to do what I am asking?

Thanks!
By using the 40051 PRL, you are gaining access to all of the Verizon (and Sprint) towers. I would recommend again putting put a Verizon PRL on your phone, or you may experience some unexpected results. You are basically identifying your phone as an odd hybrid of Verizon/Alltel because of a mismatched ESN and PRL. I'd be afraid of getting random roaming charges billed to me. You may want to call Alltel and ask.

By the way, I'm an Alltel user in Arizona, too. I travel all over Wickenburg, Phoenix (where I live), Scottsdale, Tempe and Tucson. Never had poor service, other than on Highway 60 between Phoenix/Wickenburg. Where do you have poor service?