View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 04:31 AM
tx_dbs_tx
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So after 6 + tp's

If anyone currently using the TP is wondering if they should try the Pre or not I will say this... As much as I like my TP and the ability to tweak, manipulate files, etc, I really have not missed it over my new Palm Pre. The Pre is really that likable. As of right now there is no file management software on the Pre like windows explorer/total commander, etc, but I haven't really found a need for it. I'm loving the awesome very responsive capacitive touch screen!!! Also the Palm Pre has absolutely ZERO lag!!! The slide out qwerty keyboard is not as bad as some people claim. It's actually very nice and again ZERO lag on the keyboard too!!! I have yet to see any Os issues on either one of my Palm Pre's (I have 2 lines on my acct.). I have never had to reset my Pre for any reason other than after an OTA update. Otherwise the WebOS is trouble free and LAG free. The multitasking is simply the best of any device I have ever seen or used period. closing any app is a single flick of your finger and it closes completely at that instant with no hesitation. And playing movies/dvd rips, etc on the Palm Pre is also the best over any pda I have ever seen or used. It will play 30fps converted videos at 1024kpbs with absolutely NO frame skipping or lag whatsoever!!!!! You can't do that on the Touch Pro or the TP2!!! Youtube on the Pre is the same excellent quality with no frame skipping or buffering. It's VERY nice!!! Battery life on the Pre is much better than the TP. I can actually leave home without a car charger now!!! You can't do that on a TP unless you are just going out to check your mail real quick. Build quality on the Pre in my opinion is excellent other than the slide function being a little cheap feeling. I expected it to be as smooth as "ice" but it's actually like any other slide out keyboard/keypad phone. With use it loosens up and works fine. I will also give a word of advice on the slide out keyboard... when you go to buy your new Pre... check to make sure the slide keyboard while closed does not have excessive side play. Check it by gently twisting the top layer of the phone against the bottom layer of the phone. I returned my first Pre due to that problem and I checked several brand new Pre's out of the box and hand picked the one that had the best feel to my expectations. Yes some do have a little more side to side slack but most people wouldn't think twice about it. Any of you "anal" people out there (like myself...lol) might want to give your potential new Pre a good overall slide inspection BEFORE the rep activates it on your account. Other than that (which is a personal opinion on the slide issue), the Palm Pre is THE phone to have!!! So get working on the CS reps to aquire a supervisor's curteousy free early upgrade eligibility or multi exchange upgrade on your "malfunctioning" TP that's still in it's original 1 year manufacturer warranty period.

Good Luck guys and gals and words of advice from ME... never say a word to the reps about a Palm Pre before you have gotten them to agree to replace your TP with a comparable device "with a slide qwerty keyboard" (very important comparable feature not on any other current pda,,,hint hint) and second be very nice and polite while giving them a compliment or two while on the phone with them. That alone will go a long way.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 07-20-2009 at 04:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.