Thread: Videos on Pre
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 05:05 AM
tx_dbs_tx
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Videos on Pre

First off let me say that without a doubt the Palm Pre has the best video player that I have ever seen on a mobile phone. Now as far as I know the Palm Pre supports mp4 encoded videos. I have done minimal testing on my Pre and can confirm that it will not recognize or play any avi , divx, mpg, or wmv video files. Ofcourse that can easily change in the future. So for now convert all your videos to mp4 format in 480X320 screen resolution and paste them onto your Pre using "mass storage" mode. You can also create a "videos" folder including subfolders and the Pre will automatically find them. That's a very nice feature. Also I will confirm that that this powerhouse Palm Pre can easily handle mp4 videos at 30 fps and the maximum bps that your converting software can produce. You will get absolutely NO skipping or dropped frames in the video playbac whatsoever!!! SWEEET! Full length dvd rips play flawlessly on the new Palm Pre like no other device. I personally use Aplus conversion software because it's excellent quality and very fast conversion time. It's not free but it's very affordable and well worth it. Go check out tomp4.com and see all the super nice software convertors they offer. Hey everybody say GOODBYE to wimpy low resolution 15fps videos!!!!! We can now have the max fps with perfectly flawless 30fps or higher videos on our new Palm Pre!!! This phone has a LOT in store for us in the near future, mark my word. Happy video playing everybody!!!

Sent from my Palm Pre.... Hey and not nearly as many typos as my HTC Touch Pro!!

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 07-19-2009 at 05:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.