View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Signal Strength Issues....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubez View Post
Just flashed to the newest Mighty ROM 6.

This is mt first time flashing, and im virtually new to this.

But for whatever reason my signal strength has decreased dramatically.

Does anyone know how i can possibly fix this?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Hello Dubez,

to clarify your situation, are you saying that the bars have decreased on the taskbar? If so, this is not a good indication of actual signal strength. the 6.5 roms do show less bars than the standard 6.1 signal bar but this doesn't translate into to poor coverage. You can run a couple tests as well to validate the signal before and after using fieldtest.exe which is in the windows folder of device memory. Also, if you change out the taskbar with another one like Gadgetfreaks 6.5 taskbar, you will notice that the bars come back. I use GF taskbar and highly recommend it. It's a matter of preference really but like you I like to see bars

If you decide to use fieldtest.exe, use total commander to view the windows folder, scroll down to fieldtest.exe, select it and choose hdr. this will show you the data signal strength. this thread gives you some insight into what the figures mean: good luck

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...10&postcount=7
This post has been thanked 2 times.