Old 07-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Larry Laffer
Lurker
Threadstarter

Larry Laffer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows 6.5 and GPS

Ah HAAAA... so it was YOU!!!... After all these years...slowly I turn, step by... oops, wrong show..LOL..
Well, I tried Mighty ROM 6, then the new Juicy ROM eith and now I have EnergyROM standard on board. I do see that I am picking up satellites but no mapping software. So, maybe I am missing something here (SURPRISE!!). I just need to install one of the programs that you have mentioned and I should have a functional GPS phone unit??

Thanks... And don't let it happen again!!!

LSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
There is nothing about WM6.5 itself to hinder an internal GPS. Most of the ROMs on the board here that I have looked at assume that you want to use it and provide either programs for that cooked-in or some discussion and links about why they didn't and where to find suitable software.

Which software in particular did you have in mind when you say 'no built in gps program' -- and which ROM are you running? Google Maps can be added free, as can Amaze, and there are a variety of tools by HTC and others for helping find satellites and diagnose problems.

Oh, and on an entirely separate note -- Larry, sorry about that time on that life raft after that whole 'cruise ship' incident where learned the hard way that the sun can burn the heck out of a balding middle aged man in a leisure suit if you doesn't cover that noggin...no hard feelings right?