View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Squishy
PPCGeeks Regular

Squishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie asking questions, and the like.

The main (I think) ROMS to try are: EnergyROM, MightyROM, Groove, Merdin, and JuicyROM. They are listed in their own threads under all the stickies in the CDMA subforum.

Each has its own layout, theme, pre-installed software, and speed. Read the first page of each ROM post and get the gist of the ROM. Look at screen captures, read other people's experiences, etc. Seach backward from the last post and read comments from people who have installed the ROM. There may be a bug or something that may or may not affect you.

You'll find that most of the mature ROMS that have been around a while are all stable and fast. It's really a matter of your preference for how you like your phone to look and feel.

A friend of mine recently tried Mighty and Energy on his phone. He said the EnergyROM worked the best... he had a few issues with the others. He could, of course, look for corrections and other people's fixes for the problems, but he's lazy and just wanted the ROM that worked out of the box.

I prefer Energy's ROM because he's really quick on releasing updates and bug fixes, etc. It has everything I need on it and I'm happy... but don't take my word for it- install all three and see for yourself.
d/l: 1293 bps u/l: 293 bps
Simply "Almost" Everything Plan
This post has been thanked 1 times.