Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 PM
pegs
Lurker

pegs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Newb with lots of questions

I have a HTC TP sprint phone.

I have been researching/searching the forums for this information.... Its not that I couldn't find threads. Its just that I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

There is a ton of great information on this site but I'm just not comfortable trying to use any of the many roms and programs for fear of screwing up my phone.

I have already dl'ed and installed a couple different programs that went ok.

Today I'm trying to upgrade the "key lock" on my HTC TP. I hate the way it is now...no telling what the heck its doing most of the time. Anyway thats what brings me here today.

I tried to install a zip file on my phone, but couldn't get it to install. Tried putting the zip file in programs on the phone and open it from there....didn't work.. Tried creating and opening a file on my computer and moving the file to "programs" on my phone.... that didn't work either.

Basically these are the issues I'd like to fix.
The volume isn't loud enough..... I already wear hearing aides.

The "hold end until the phone locks" feature really sucks. When the phone is locked the screen goes dim. So when I try to unlock the phone I can't see where the unlock "buttons" are. If I'm out in the sunlight....forget it... I would need a brail screen to use it.

Also I'm curious about the many roms that are out there. Is there anyway to tell which ones work the best and what they all do? And how reliable are they.. Seems like this forum and some of the people who write these have been around awhile. I'm guessing they probably have this figured out.

If you help me out. I will hit the THX button