Old 07-15-2009, 07:33 PM
aean
Lurker
Threadstarter

aean is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Mogul to Cricket

No, I'm in Baltimore. And Cricket is a new kid on the block round here. I just find it interesting how others were able to get Cricket service on their Spring Mogul while I'm still struggling with it. Most tutes I've read make it seem pretty simple, that the most hastle is not getting all of the features to work. I just want to be able to talk and maybe use my phone as a modem a bit.

I've had a falling out with Sprint and I'm not going back to them. I hate to think I have this fancy, high-priced phone just sitting round the house collecting dust. I surely don't want to sell it and I'd only get a fraction of what I paid for it. Plus, I like this little bugger.

I tried Googling for Cricket ROMs and was plagued by broken or obscure links.

It's looking like I'll just have to spring for a Cricket phone.

I've yet to try the steps listed in my earlier post, since, I'm basically phone-less right now. I guess I'll take it to a friend's house or something and give it a shot. But, for that I'd need to have service, right?

I don't know. I'll give it another couple of days of research before I buy a cheesy phone I really don't need.

Thanks for your reply. Truthfully, I thought most phones these days were indeed tri-band. I figured a smartphone would be. Oh well, live an learn.