View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 03:53 PM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NFSFAN ROM Question - not sure if this is allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
I tried this new ROM yesterday and it was far from being better than the Rhodium ROMs we have here at ppcgeeks. Not a fan of Rhodium but both Psyki and Silence both have pretty good Rhodiums that are better than this. I hear Merdin's is great too but I haven't tried it
I have three Sprint TP's activated on verizon.

My everyday phone is running merdin's 6.5 (not the one he just posted, the previous one) & it is a fantastic ROM IMHO. I love Rhodium & run his red theme (with a different clock)

In my BU TP, I recently installed NFSFAN's ROM because I read so much about it but had never tried it.

I have been A/B'ing the two system for a week or so. Both are very smooth & fast & I could certainly be happy with either one, but I will be leaving my everyday system on merdin's setup.

I have found some bugs in the NFS setup (nothing that's a deal killer) that are not present in merdin's.

The one & only real advantage I found with NFS is Need For Speed g-sen runs perfectly with it with no tweaks at all, & I can't get that to run at all in the merdin setup. That is no big deal to me as I have the game in my ipod touch & for some reason the gameplay is 100 times better in the ipod version & the bigger screen is nice for gameplay (it certainly LOOKS better in the TP VGA screen however)

~John