View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 PM
GuItArMaN
N00b

GuItArMaN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Sprint HTC Touch Pro, slow keyboard response time.

Anyone else have this problem? I know I had the same issue with my old Samsung i760, and that POS had half the RAM and CPU, so maybe it's the OS? I don't know about the web browser, but when I type up a text message, and I type the words really fast, I have to wait a few seconds before the letters start showing up one screen one by one. The Virtual onscreen keyboard seems to be faster as far as reponse rate goes though. Is there any fix for this at all, to reduce this input lag? I tried many different hacks/tweaks that I saw online that were popular to do with the Touch Pro to increase different performance issues.

ALSO. Just a quick question as far as battery life goes. I currently have the stock sprint battery in my phone, a wimpy 1200mAh, barely gets me through an 8 hour shift at work, before I need my car charge ASAP, to get some life back into the thing. Anyway, if I got an 1800mAh would I see much more of an increase in longevity? I mean, if it's only going to get me a few extra minutes worth of juice, forget it, but if I could get a few more hours or so, i'd go for it. Any down sides to it, like overheating or heat damage to the phone? I'd go for the crazy 2400mAh but it's so big it needs a whole new back plate for the phone, which makes it look really ugly and bulky, so i'll pass on that for a while.

Thanks guys!

- Chris