View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 PM
aean
Lurker

aean is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Mogul to Cricket

Ok, so today, I went into Cricket with my newly unlocked ppc6800. The clerk behind the counter punches in my ESN number and she informs me that my phone won't work on their network unless it's a tri-band model. I tell her about how I just learnt to flash my phone and she shrugs her shoulders and advises me to have someone do it for me. I'm like 'The whole purpose of my flashing it myself is to avoid paying someone to do it for me.' Again, she shrugs her shoulders. Sorry.

Can anyone shine some light on this? I know of several posts where some were able to use their ppc6800 on Cricket. I have a ROM I cooked using the PPCKitchen. I chose Cricket as my carrier.

Do I have to physically install a Cricket ROM as a base or something?

Also, she seemed very intent on punching in my ESN number. I asked her if I changed it, would it take in the system, but she didn't seem to fully understand what I was getting at. In my quest for knowledge, I've learnt how to "reprogramme" my ppc6800. I just changed the phone number for kicks. I found this article: http://www.justcellularstore.com/hel...ctivation.html. I've yet to give a try. (Phone issues)

Would changing the ESN work? I somehow doubt this being that no one has mentioned changing the ESN number for any reason.

I'm to sort of person who will read all sorts of tutes on a subject before getting my hands dirty. And usually, when I'm done, something never goes quite as planned. Usually because I've missed something. I followed GaMedics tute to the letter and everything worked out just fine.

Still, I'm very new to phone flashing and am still learning the ins and outs. If anyone could give me some advice, I'd be so grateful.

In the meantime, I'm going to keep searching for answers. Just thought I'd put the question out there.

Last edited by aean; 07-14-2009 at 09:09 PM.