JaedenRuiner
N00b
Threadstarter

JaedenRuiner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Weird Glitch with SIP Keyboard

Well...

I would be prone to say yes. I am not familiar with what exactly is meant by "ROM" when it comes to these devices. I would initially expect it to be a complete reprogramming of the device operation. (Sort of like installing a linux OS router on the ROM chip of a LinkSys Router) However, what exactly this entails or does not entail I have no idea, and frankly don't think i'll ever need to "cook" my ROM.

I got this to learn development for the windows CE/Mobile environment, which means most everyone i'll be writing for will be on the stock whatever for their device.

(Though I am willing to read up on more about what ROM cooking can be beneficial for).

Currently, I got the phone from Sprint a month ago, and immediate hacked the internet sharing, tweaked other registry stuff, began learning the os map, and trying to play around with VisualStudio (after DLing the WM6.1 SDK).
I've noticed many glitches in the overall operation, namely which any part of my device which says "Set as Today Background" whether in the Settings or via FileExplorer, it only sets the Background of my StartMenu. to Set the Today Background I have to Set the Carrier Bitmap, and many other issues like that.

to resolve this keyboard glitch for now, I installed the EZInput 2.0 which at least gave me the full qwerty keyboard, but i'm not too fond of the EZInput design. I like full qwerty all the time, even in portrait mode. *shrug*

The more I play, the more I'll learn how to tweak this thing
thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner