BigRedGonzo
PPCGeeks Regular

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5 help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienArachnid View Post
Hi, I want to install 6.5 on my phone. This is something that I need help with though. I have the HTC Titan and my phone provider is Alltel. I don't even know where to start so if someone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.
Its much more intimidating than difficult. Follow the instructions that the folks have already given you and you should have no problems. I labored over the "Flash to a new ROM" idea for a long time before I took the plunge. I am on Alltel also and I would recommend updating to their latest ROM first, then unlock and flash your desired 6.5 ROM. If you do that, you'll make sure you have the latest radio and that one is really easy to do, as long as you have an active sync connection. Of course, based on when you got your 6800, you may already have the latest radio.

I feel as though you should be warned... Once you find out how easy it is, you'll find yourself consumed with flashing the latest or most nifty ROM. I flashed about 5 different versions of 6.5 before I decided to go back to the Stock Alltel ROM. LOL. Anyway, have fun.