View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 06:23 PM
diomark
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3+ weeks w/ the pre (vs sprint touch pro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post
the pre is an excellent phone I will agree. But this is another one of those iphone or touch pro discussions. If you set the iphone, pre, and TP side by side, you will have people that prefer each one over the other two. The TP is a weak phone with the stock operating system, plain and simple. In my experience, so are most other windows mobile devices. Bottom line is, windows mobile is for people who enjoy tweaking/modding their phone. If you are willing to take the time to do the necessary mods, windows mobile will blow any other phone/os out of the water, but out of the box, both the iphone and the pre blow the TP out of the water. My biggest complaint with the pre, is the same as my biggest complaint with the iphone. It is too user friendly. The pre and the iphone are both flashy, neat little devices, but they both lack the functionality and multitasking ability of windows mobile. bottom line is, there is no way to determine which device is the better device, because it depends on the person using it. I have direct access to all three phones, and i still wouldnt trade my TP for anything on the market right now. even so, the pre definately is a nice phone, with alot of nice features, and well worth looking into if you find windows mobile too cumbersome.

Don't get me wrong. I *love* tinkering with my phone. there's nothing stock on my wm65 sprint touch pro.

That's another reason I like the pre though.. all the code (on the rooted pre) is easy to change, it's baiscally running linux, and there's people that have setup source repositories for downloading patching/applying them (or you can just go in an edit the text.. it's all text!) - VERY hackable.. for now..
-mark