View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 03:31 PM
nxtech3
VIP & Proud Member of CBM

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Overheating and battery life.

Got this from a friend, had bad battery life and overheating issues, he reflashed and hasnt had as many issues. My pre does get hot, battery life was decent, but i figured what the hey, and sure enough i dont get the overheating, and battery lasts about two hours longer than previous (rough estimate) If anyone else has done this, please post if your device improved, stayed the same, or got worse. Here are the steps

The complaint of low battery life and device getting hot could be caused from an issue in either a download (app or music file) or, more commonly, a software update. If a customer has this issue, reflashing the ROM will likely resolve the issue.

1. Download and install the WebOS Doctor Tool from www.palm.com/ROM
2. Make sure that the customers device has been updated to their Palm User Profile (this will backup everything except Media Files).
3. Set device in "Boot Mode".
- Pull battery from device
- Plug device into a charger and
and press the volume up key
- After the device displays a ?
symbol reinsert the battery
- Symbol should change to USB
symbol
- Plug device into computer and follow the commands for the WebOS Doctor Tool.

EDIT- The device might sit at the palm screen for about ten minutes, thanks Vertigo, so dont panic.

4. After the device has reset, the customer will need to log into their Palm User Profile using the log ins created when the device was firsy activated.

I will also note that my device is set up on an Exchange Server and once I logged into my Palm User Profile I did not need to set it up again. However, I would suggest any user that is on an Exchange Server contact their IT department to be sure everything is set up correct after this process.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

Last edited by nxtech3; 07-20-2009 at 01:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.