Thread: Tether with Pre
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Big D5
The Voice of Reason

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tether with Pre

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn.pink View Post
and you can do it without rooting now
This is not correct you still must root in the webosinternals.shell the ipk doesn't work trust me I have been working on this for 2 days I just got it working this morning. Once I understood what I needed to do it was easy. I am real causes about not breaking my Pre so I read through everything I could find before I rooted. If you really want tethering go for it its not that bad.

Posted from my laptop tethered to my Palm Pre
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.