View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:54 PM
jdmsleepr
Regular 'Geeker

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: tethering question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaflamm View Post
I just got a new touch pro today, and finally got it working right (the first person i talked to at sprint to activate it, messed some things up). now i'm trying to figure out tethering. I followed the instructions in post 3 of http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59882 and am able to connect, but there are some changes from what i saw when i was connecting with my mogul.

on the mogul i had 2 drop-down menus in internet sharing: "PC Connection" and "Network Connection." the latter let me choose between sprint pcs and PAM. now on my touchpro there is only the "pc connection" menu. when i go menu>connection settings>advanced tab> select networks it shows as useing the "sprint" network (not sprint PCS).

is this working right, or am i going to be hit with huge usage charges? am i seeing what i am supposed to be seeing?

yup i use the sprint one or the data one...just make sure that you have unlimited data plan and you should have no problems...

cheers!!