Old 07-10-2009, 07:43 AM
BigRedGonzo
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The Effect of a ROM on a Battery

Thanks for all the help. I opted to go back to the Stock Alltel 6.1 ROM without customizations. I flashed a different WM6.5 ROM (not JMartin72's) and let it run for a few hours and didn't see any negative battery affects. I then reflashed the latest JMartin72 WM6.5 (build 213001) and didn't notice any negative battery affects. Then I started reinstalling stuff. At this point, I stepped back and looked at my usage. I really didn't have any need for WM6.5, I like it and it looks nice and works well, but I am addicted to Mobile Shell 3 so it really doesn't matter what ROM is running in the background. I dug up the latest Alltel Stock WM6.1 ROM and reflashed to it. I really can't detect any speed differences between it and WM6.5 and the memory is a bit lower, but I still go most of the day with 15-16MB free. With WM6.5, I was running between 18 and 20MB free. Anyway, the 6.5 itch is still there, but the flash/reflash/upgrade thing is consuming me so I'll run stock for a while until I can't stand it any more.

Thanks for all the information.