View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:43 PM
klindoug
N00b

klindoug is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: htc mogul flash from Sprint to Alltel

Great point before, make sure that Alltel will accept the ESN. I flashed a Sprint 6800 to Alltel, it is time consuming the first flash while you get used to things. I lied to Alltel telling them that it was an Alltel branded 6800 and that it had the Alltel logo on the front, if the ESN is not in the system, then they usually just create the account for it. You will need to change settings using QPST, this will make it so that the cell phone towers will update the phone's PRL #. You will need to change these to 6 0's (zeros) (000000). You will need to research with google to find the program and walkthrough how to do it (it's been about 1.5 years since I did this and can't remember exactly). That is the most important part. Then, you can unlock the phone, update the radio with an Alltel radio and load wm 6.5 or whatever you want. I'm sorry I can't be concise, but I can't remember exactly how to do these things. But, I can tell you it works, and my phone is evidence that it does. It just takes some research. Now, I forgot to tell you, you can't see if Alltel will activate the phone until you've made these changes. You will need to have these all done before you call because they will want to see if it will accept the PRL update (I believe it's *227). Make sure to keep all records of old numbers that will be changes in the QPST, just in case you have to revert back. Good luck-