View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
IM0001
PPCGeeks Regular

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
TF3D not booting and slow/locking up phone..

Ok so this is really starting to piss me off. I had this problem on an old eRice 6.1 Rom a few months ago and now again on the latest 6.1 rom (21051 I believe). When my phone screws up and needs a soft reset, it will not boot up correctly sometimes and warrants any number of soft resets to get it to work fine again. What happens is it boots up but the TF3D boot logo sits there without the Launching TF3d message showing up. As long as it sits there like that the phone is as slow as if it was at 100% CPU useage and most of the time locks up after opening most any other program. This makes the phone almost completely unuseable untill it resolves itself. Today it happend while i was using my WingX software to use the GPS to fly directly too Willows here in CA. Really inconvient even though I know where I was going it made the software and GPS completely useless since I could not get the phone to reboot yet (Been over 5 hrs of soft resetting now).

Now one discovery I did find interesting was using the GPS.. After a failed soft reset if I go into a GPS enabled app like visualGPS it cannot activate the GPS to find a fix. What I am wondering is if the GPS chip itself is somehow locked up causing the phone to be almost useless untill it resets itself or something. Does anyknow know anything about this to tell me if its possible or if there are any apps I can install to tweek/reset the GPS chip?

Anyway there is my vent/problem. ATM the phone still will not boot up right and if it is a GPS/TF3D problem I dono. I can disable TF3D and reboot but the phone still hangs completely so I know its not exactly TF3D that is causing it. When it boots correctly the phone works correctly for quite a while. I am just really getting sick of it doing this exactly at the most inconvient time possible.