View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:10 PM
krielys
PPCGeeks Regular

krielys is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tether and Charge :)

youre going to earn yourself some amazingly crappy battery life if you keep doing those two things: 1) letting the battery die 2) trying to charge while its hot

if you want to try and save the battery.. only tether while not charging, then stop tethering when battery gets to like 40 or so percent and charge it up, then unplug it and go back to tethering.

of course.. that takes some discipline, lol.

if youre going to tether.. best to have a separate battery that you use for only tethering, and change it out when youre done.. so that you dont have to battle to keep your phone alive all day when youre using it normally.

or keep an extra battery always charged so that you dont have to charge the battery while its hot.. because the phone is heating the battery.. the battery isnt heating itself (very much)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmkmk13 View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned before

my cable internet was down yesterday, so i grabbed my TP and tethered for a good hour then the battery was dead..
so i pluged the TP in the bedroom and felt like it was crazy hot, i fired up WMWIFIROUTER and it worked but then it would stop charging and die again

so i unplugged the battery from the phone placed everything in one of my A/C vents, it cooled down in 2 mins plugged it and it started to charge..
but heat came back very fast, so i stuck the phone with the keyboard open and without a back cover back in the A/C's Vent while its charging, THATS IT
i tethered the hole day on it with out problems
today i tried the same thing with a mini fan that i had blow closely on the open tp and still works

so heat is the TP's enemy