View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:06 AM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: EvDO vs 1x: Ev receiving delayed texts more often...???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rento_VW View Post
Hey guys... I was wondering if anyone else has the problem of receiving delayed texts almost all the time while using Automatic Roaming aka Ev radio?

I'm always forced roaming so I can receive text messages instantly. However, sometimes I would still receive them 5, even 10 mins late.

Is this just a radio problem? Rarely, myy phone will get fairly hot when texting aswell, but mostly while charging, probably normal...

Would changing my radio fix this? And how would changing the radio effect my service and/or warranty/policy?

I live in the 92545 area.
i think your a bit confused.. theres EVDO- which is Rev O and A.. theres 1x... and then theres roaming.. if your going into phone>settings>roaming> and selecting it here, then yes your forcing a roam.. EV has nothing to do with your messaging and or call recieving/making- your phone always switches to 1x for txt and calls..

if your really forcing the roam, be glad your even getting your messages and calls... roaming is not a good thing, it may complete your calls and connect your data, but all at extremely unreliable speeds,times,etc..

roaming is not good signal, thats why its roaming, its a last ditch expensive effort to keep you connected minimally as a last resort to keep you, the consumer, happy by not having outages or being in a blackout areas.. keeping your phone in roam is just beggin for voicemail notifications that are 3 hrs old, when your phone never even rang as far as you were concerned.. so if your roaming....you should be expecting lots of lag..

for radios: u can always chang em back like evyone says.. it does technically void the manf warranty, but atleast for sprint your covered cuz TEP covers any type of damage what so ever