View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 07:24 PM
BRIVERS73
Ship Jumper

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Back-up for new ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
I would highly recommend that you NOT restore any programs or system settings from ROM to ROM, even if the B/U program says it can. Even if things seem to go well at first, my experience is that something will go wrong eventually. You'll probably have to do a hard reset to fix things in the end, so bite the bullet and install everything fresh. Consider it an opportunity to update your old wares and experiment with new options/settings. If you want to auto load your programs, check out sashimi or the many UC tutorials around here and xda. If you need to restore from a hard reset or replace your device (and first flash to the same rom), then whip out that b/u and have at it.
+1 I flashed my TP so many times I can get it back to the way I wanted (uninterrupted) in about 2 hours or so...