View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 03:07 PM
MrObvious
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What carrier to go with?

Holy crap I thought you would end up living in another state but then I saw 67601 I was like "THAT'S HAYS!!!". Lol!

Honestly I've seen a lot of advertising up there but down here in Hutch Nex-Tech doesn't even exist. The only options as of this minute are Sprint and Verizon (Alltel until September). I would just go straight up Sprint and avoid messing with the smaller carriers because you can't guarantee once you leave coverage areas that you will have reception. If you get a Sprint phone then you will have free roaming pretty much anywhere and the coverage isn't bad at all in the rurals.

Sprint actually has a lot of towers between Stafford and Garden City now (more than Alltel) and I went out to Ulysses and my cousin has a TP on Sprint and he had more signal than I. I'm thinking once my contract is up of switching and if Verizon forces me into their Diamond I'm gonna ask to have my contract canceled without ETF.

But another rumor I heard was that T-Mobile was putting up 200 towers (from Go Wireless in Towne West in Wichita) in the areas Alltel had coverage. I'm actually kinda thinking of going to them because their prices are right and I've heard they have great customer service. If they do have the towers going up then I will switch to either them or Sprint. Right now it's a tossup.