View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 06:55 PM
zim2704
PPCGeeks Regular

zim2704 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What carrier to go with?

Ok so after reading a few VZW flaming posts I am wondering which carrier I should go with. I live in a rural area and until recently only had the choice of Alltel. We have since had a local company start wireless service joining up with Sprint for more coverage.(website for local company is here http://www.nex-techwireless.com/Document.aspx?id=303 ). This local company doesn't lock down any features and their phones are all unlocked with factory software. My contract with Alltel is up in 2 months and from what I can see on the VZW website a comparable plan to what I have with Alltel right now will raise my bill $50 and as everybody knows their phones are junk. Right now I have the Diamond and wife has Pro.

So my question is what are your suggestions as far as carriers go....should I stay with VZW since they are set to take over this area within 2 months or go with the local company. In addition does anybody know how to set up service with Sprint or ATT online in a zipcode that they do not cover? Live in 67601 kansas zip.

All comments will be taken into consideration because I don't feel like going to a company that locks out parts of the phone, gimps the models and charges more for just the basic service.