View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 01:40 AM
scrambler7
PPCGeeks Regular

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 30 day trial coming to an end! What to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone401 View Post
My 30 day trial is coming to an end so what do I do. I still have my diamond. Any opinions on this? Should I keep my pre or take it back and go back to my diamond. The pre is a great phone, but I just wish the apps were here. The diamond is unlimited. What should I do?
dance. give me one million dollars. eat a cookie. any of these things would be acceptable to do.

have you tried using your diamond since using the pre? i got into hacking my diamond and cooking roms for it and got it to what i thought was a great phone. 6.5 improved a lot of the scrolling and helped improve the UI a tiny bit. touch response was really good and after stripping a lot of things and tweaking the registry, the phone was fast. i spent hours/days/weeks/months getting the phone the way i wanted, skinned the way i wanted. new sys's came out all the time with 6.5 as it got closer to a release candidate and it was exciting and fun to recook and reflash. and then it got tiring.

the pre comes out and i start using it and guess what? no need to tweak it to make it perform the way i want. the screen is amazingly responsive and is what a touchscreen should be. even though the keyboard gets hated on, i really like it. after using it, i can't go back to the diamond's onscreen keyboard, no matter how nice fingerkeyboard or the rhodium SIPs were. the pre is fun to use without putting any work into it. the diamond was only fun to use after putting work into it (which i have to say is part of the fun of WM though, haha - but it does get tiring). sure, i lose tons of functionality switching from WM to webOS, but a lot of that is bound to come once the sdk is released and even with it missing, i'm sticking with the pre.

until the touch pro 2 comes out, and then...well, we'll see...