View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM
sarah1984
Lurker

sarah1984 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Crazy Screen Problem + Chrome issue question

The screen of my phone started acting CRAZY two days ago. It starts off normal (on the home screen)

and then after I push a button it looks like this:

the last one was me trying to take a picture of this forum

(BTW - There is no water damage; the weird looking areas in the top right and bottom left corner of the screen are bc I got sick of trying to put the screen protector on perfectly and said screw it )

The screen thing seems to be worse when I do something more taxing (can't think of a better word) on the phone - taking a picture, dialing, typing or trying to bring up Skyfire or Opera. Doing something like looking at a text doesn't make it quite as jumbled. Did a hard reset, but it didn't help. I brought it into the Sprint Store yesterday and left it there for them to "fix." The guy called today and said it was from a crack in the casing pinching a wire, but the screen wasn't doing that anymore and I could come pick it up... That brings me to the chrome issue. About a month after I got the phone, I noticed a piece of clear tape on the back of the screen portion. Took it off, noticed the chrome was cracked. Didn't really think much of it, since it was just after our 30 day and it didn't seem like a big deal -- phone worked fine. I didn't look then to see if it was cracked all the way through, but sure enough - when I picked it up from the Sprint store today, I looked and it was ... (btw, my phone has a manufacturing date of Jan 24, 2009 and doesn't seem to fall into the right #s of the known chrome issue. might try that angle w/CS anyways.)

My questions are 1) Has anyone else had this screen issue? how did it get resolved, bc the rep at the sprint store was wrong - it's definitely still jacked! and 2) with the chrome issue, was that just the chrome that was cracked or was it/did it ever turn into a cracked case too?