View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
codybear
VIP Member

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EvDO vs 1x: Ev receiving delayed texts more often...???

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye.ofthecyclone View Post
this might help.....?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73005

if not, you can always try other radios, changing the radio can potentially affect your service in a positive way and you can always flash back to the stock radio/rom and relock your phone and your warranty will not be affected
that's only for typing.
not for receiving them.
but the radio thing very well could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
you can always go back to the stock radio rom if you don't like it, but your service could significantly improve, depending on your area. i would try the telus radio, and then the us cellular version. texts come through 1x not evdo, so if you force evdo, you won't receive them. if i were you i would do as i suggested. it could potentially void your warranty in an extreme circumstance, but its not dangerous or anything. there's a radio rom thread in the touch pro upgrades section.
yeah it could void the warranty, but technically, he could just flash back to the stock rom of his carrier and then it would have the stock radio...and then no warrant void.