View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 05:13 PM
jthomas8946
Regular 'Geeker

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update PRL & Update Profile - Error 1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
This has been a problem after the update PRI option is pressed. This also probably changed your MSL code, so if you call Sprint they will try to make you enter the MSL they have on file and it wont work. So get your MSL using BAFMSL, And follow these directions:

THIS IS FOR SPRINT Touch Pro's as far as i know...i have not tested this for any other carrier or phone so use at your own risk...

edit: tested on the touch diamond...confirmed working!

first things first dont click on the Update PRI Button under Settings>Connections

save yourself the trouble

but if you have this is the tested method to get you back and running...it does require a hard reset so make sure to backup your data first

use the software in this link. Make sure you have CF 3.5 first (shouldnt be a problem for people on custom roms i know Juicy and Mighty's ROMS have it cooked in)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43560 (needs CF 3.5)

install the program (and cf 3.5 if needed)

put your phone into airplane mode run the software. Write down your msl

go to your dialpad and type ##786#, click menu and select Reset. enter in the MSL...you will hard reset...

LET THE PHONE SELF PROGRAM!

confirm your net works...RESTART

if you need the ## codes that are reinstalled by using DCD carrier cab installed dcd carrier cab...RESTART... navigate to windows/PPST.exe and delete that file

RESTART..confirm your net still works...The option to update the pri is still there but pressing it will do nothing...

Test your ## codes by going back to your dialpad and either pressing ##786# or ##3282#

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718
This worked for me. Thanks for posting this!