View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 04:24 PM
JaedenRuiner
N00b

JaedenRuiner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pim.vol, cemail.vol - is that all i need...

Basically, i'm looking at my phone and thinking i'm going to hard reset it very soon here. The SIP keyboard won't do ABC, when I save an image to the "Today Background" it sets the background of my Start Menu and my Today screen stays the same.

however, I've got quite a few emails downloaded, (5 email accounts currently setup including my MS Exchange Outlook account) all my contacts, and all my text messaging history. If i were to simply copy (with total commander) the two files: Pim.vol and cemail.vol to my storage card and do the hard reset. Can i just copy them back and have everything back the way it was, or is WM6.1 a bit more controlling about such things?

edit - well actually, this is odd. In Total Commander I thought I'd try to copy the cemail.vol to the storage card, but it's telling me there is a cemail.vol on the storage card already, but I can't see it. Why not?

Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner
ps - i basically, now that I know what I'm doing, i'm going to follow some of the start up guides you have here to hard reset, and update the picture mailer, and this tweak/that tweak, that I prefer using...and I bet that will resolve my issues currently. I just want to have everything data wise saved - which also begs the question, will a Hard Reset blank my storage card too?

Last edited by JaedenRuiner; 07-02-2009 at 04:35 PM.