View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 11:23 AM
heydjbobby74
Almost a VIP

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Re: Scratched my screen :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
Hey everyone. I had a Verizon touch pro for 8 months that did not come with a screen protector, so it never got one. After 8 months of mainly finger/fingernail and stylus heavy use: not one scratch on it. A few weeks ago I got a sprint touch pro which did come with a screen protector but I figured if the screen on my other one was so resilient then it wasn't needed (plus I ordered a demo touch pro from sprint a while ago and my boss tried to apply the screen protector on it but failed miserably and it looked awful - did not want to attempt and mess up my shiny new device) ... Well today I did a number on it: about 4 close hairline scratches from flying through the 6.5 start menu . I could not feel them with my finger, but when I ran over them with a stylus they were noticeable. I promptly applied a screen protector (which was actually easy and looks fine) to reduce any possible further damage done to the screen from use with the scratches. I read that toothpaste being a mild abrasive would do wonders on screens. I am thinking of trying this when I get home. I will remove my screen protector, apply the toothpaste and do my best at buffing out the scratches. My main concern is this: I am definitely going to apply another screen protector. Since scratch removal really wears down the screen to create an even surface, will I be able to apply the screen protector without bubbles due to the slightly uneven surface?
Thanks!
Yes at Best Buy, you can buy those screen protectors for like $20 and they come with a solution that you apply them with, they are 100% better than the protectors that come with the phone in my opinion! Good luck

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!