View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
raidzero
N00b

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Scratched my screen :'(

Hey everyone. I had a Verizon touch pro for 8 months that did not come with a screen protector, so it never got one. After 8 months of mainly finger/fingernail and stylus heavy use: not one scratch on it. A few weeks ago I got a sprint touch pro which did come with a screen protector but I figured if the screen on my other one was so resilient then it wasn't needed (plus I ordered a demo touch pro from sprint a while ago and my boss tried to apply the screen protector on it but failed miserably and it looked awful - did not want to attempt and mess up my shiny new device) ... Well today I did a number on it: about 4 close hairline scratches from flying through the 6.5 start menu . I could not feel them with my finger, but when I ran over them with a stylus they were noticeable. I promptly applied a screen protector (which was actually easy and looks fine) to reduce any possible further damage done to the screen from use with the scratches. I read that toothpaste being a mild abrasive would do wonders on screens. I am thinking of trying this when I get home. I will remove my screen protector, apply the toothpaste and do my best at buffing out the scratches. My main concern is this: I am definitely going to apply another screen protector. Since scratch removal really wears down the screen to create an even surface, will I be able to apply the screen protector without bubbles due to the slightly uneven surface?
Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.