wayne64ss
PPCGeeks Regular

wayne64ss is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Swapped my TP for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TProUserOnSprint View Post
I was having some issues with my touch pro (purchased mid to late october 2008 including overheating, wobbly slider, and freezing overnight so I decided to head to my local store to get it swapped out.

The process was easy, although reflashing rom, radio, and relocking took longer than I though because my original sync cable is completely non functional.

I have to say upon careful inspection, the difference is night and day. The lower button and scroll wheel area is much darker on the new phone for whatever reason. It makes the front of the phone look two tone. THe display is softer and has a more yellowish tint which I don't mind because it's easier on my eyes. The biggest difference was the slider. It is MILES better than my original. I didn't even realize how bad my original got.

I'm going to be doing some testing over the next few days, and although there have been multiple threads discussing build quality, my overall point is that if you have a TP from one of the initial build dates, just go ahead and get it swapped.
funny you mention this... I just broke my old TP and went through my Sprint insurance to get a replacement. I was dreading it, I didn't want a refurb but I had no phone. I went online and filed a claim @ 3pm Monday. Tuesday evening I came home to a package from Asurion for me! I opened it and couldn't believe they sent me a BRAND NEW TP. Anyway, the point of this is that the new one is MILES better than my old one. It gets better service, much better battery life (i'm still using my old battery), and feels a billion times better.

SWEET.