View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 01:09 AM
infinitus
Lurker

infinitus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bad luck with an HTC 6800

Okay, so first I'd like to thank everyone here for all the advice I've already read in the past few weeks. You've gotten me closer to fixing my phone than I ever could have on my own; that's why I became a member tonight.

Next, my phone details. I have the HTC ppc-6800 through a provider named Cellcom out of Wisconsin. They use a CDMA network.

Last December I was feeling rich, my 3 year old razr was malfunctioning and I decided it was time for a ppc. I've always been a huge Moto fan, so it was an obvious choice to go with the Q. Well, my cellcom rep persuaded me to wait on the Q. He told me that the Q9c was due in January and it was worth my wait. So I asked him what he had as far as used went. He came out of the back with a 6800 and I was in love.

Cut to around February. The phone starts to lock up in sleep mode. I turn the screen on and I'm suddenly receiving hour old phone calls. That lasted about two weeks. I hard reset it. Stopped using all apps. No change. So I went for Windows Update. Nothing. Then it started to randomly reset. During phone calls. In sleep mode. There was nothing I could pinpoint that would be causing the restarts. I never flashed it. Never dropped. It never got any water damage. Then it got worse. It's now in a restart loop. It makes it to the HTC screen and then restarts again. Sometimes it doesn't even show that. It just restarts on a blank screen.

So I bought a different phone for the time being. And went to work on the 6800. My first thought was hardware issues. So I took it all apart. Checked all connections. Cleaned all the boards with isopropyl. Put it all back together. Same deal. So I started thinking battery. It runs 3.7v charged. And if you hard reset it / go to bootloader it will stay on indefinitely. So then I started thinking about software issues. Maybe a virus? Bad Rom? Something...

So I started trying to update the ROM. Problem is, I can't find a ROM compatible with my vendor on the htc.com/us site. I tried a Psyki3 ROM and got a communication error. I decided to try one last ROM. It was from htc. A qwest mobile update. The update failed but something interesting happened. Suddenly I booted into windows mobile. I aligned the stylus... started the tutorial... and it reset and wouldn't go back in.

More phone info: (I don't know what's important so I'm including everything I can)
Info from the boot screen:
M09 B03 P ACAAAAM-4070 R 1.64 D 2.17

Info from the bootloader:
TITA100 SPL-1.07.0000 CPLD-9

Sorry about the length. I just wanted to be as detailed as possible. It seems to be a semi-unique problem and others who seem to have a similar problem never get answers on other forums. Any advice is appreciated.

~iNFiNiTUS