View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Donatom3
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: WebOS 1.0.4 just released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
No, that is definitely a bad thing. They can't address the multitude of open issues that are being discussed on the Palm forums, but they sure are on top of locking out 3rd party development... they just figured out the email install technique a few days ago and Palm is already on it. What other issues are they going to address that quickly I wonder?

So much for Palm embracing open source style 3rd party development.

I think I am done with this device.
You think it is in their best interest to leave this loophole open. BTW the guy who actually submitted the security loophole stated it wasn't just the email installing that was part of the issue.

Their last update dealt with battery life some other issues with EAS, signal issues. This update isn't even 2 weeks after the last update, they found a security loophole that could lead to malicious coding and decided to close it asap. I personally don't want my Pre to be open to hacking.

Palm just doubled the amount of developers that have the SDK (legally) and plan to double that number by the end of the week.