View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 09:20 PM
spatterfree
N00b
Threadstarter

spatterfree is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
well, i'm not sure if i'm on alltel tower.....but the signal is jumping from one notch to 2 notches and the phone disconnects at times, i don't even think theres evdo here at all. but i think i'llgive that number u have there a try....
but i really can't see what they would do about it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by answerman View Post
Actually, I might have an idea (another Alltel user here).

How is the signal? Is it jumping back and forth between Ev and 1X when this happens? Reason I ask is that you might be right on the fringe of an Alltel native area, switching between native Alltel and roaming on a partner who Alltel doesn't have a data roaming agreement with (currently the only data roaming partners are Sprint and Verizon).

I see this in my area (Wisconsin) when I go to Green Bay and my phone latches on to roaming on Cellcom (a local provider) who doesn't have a data roaming agreement with Alltel. I've also seen it when roaming on US Cellular, and when I'm in Ontario. The reason it gives the "username and password incorrect" error is because you don't have permission to data roam on the other network.

When this happens, call data support (#DATA or #3282) and they can tell you whose network you are on. That might go a long way toward explaining it.

Or, it could be something else entirely but I have seen it happen as I explained it above.