View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 02:26 AM
Hipkik
N00b

Hipkik is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Hipkik
Re: Offered a Treo Pro as a replacement. yay or nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
I own both.

I "PERSONALLY" prefer the Touch Pro. I like the slide out keyboard, bigger screen, and higher specs. Plus the ROM community, and so forth, is amazing.

The Treo Pro is nice. I used it for a little bit and considering that it has lower specs than my TP it operated very nicely. I really do like the phone, but the fact there's little to no ROM support for it at this point was a killer for me becasue I have grown to really love being able to tweak and push my phone to its limits to operate exactly as I want it to.

The things I did like on the Treo Pro though were the battery life (it does have better battery life than my Touch Pro, but on the flip side both make it through a full day for me so it dosen't matter as I charge my phone every night when I sleep), the design (it feels very sturdy and its thinner, lighter than my TP). I will revisit it later on down the line when it gets more community support as no company offers a stock ROM i'm 100% happy with.

So I say play with the Treo Pro and decide for yourself, but I chose to keep my Touch Pro given I have both available to me that says a lot for the phone. If you want to know more on the Treo Pro check out TreoCentral. Their Treo Pro section seems to be the most active out of all the ones I've found (although for applciations and my Touch Pro you wont find me anywhere but here).
+1 tencharacters