View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 12:18 AM
enzyme
PPCGeeks Regular

enzyme is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bezel Mod (pics)

I got a new TP via because I dropped my in the lake. I reported it lost and kept the old phone. After fruitless searches for a housing that doesn't have the chrome bezel (sprint), I decided to play with the broken phone.

I took sandpaper and went to town on it. I was really suprised at some things. Keep in mind that what I did was experimental only to see what it would look like. Work is neither careful or detailed.

With fine sandpaper, I was able to make the bezel look like matte brushed silver metal. It looks really nice. It makes the phone look more heavy duty, also it does not nick and scratch like the chrome. You can see in some areas, the black was where I took it down too far. I took some areas all the way down to the black material layer. The black material didnt look as nice, would if painted and clearcoated though. I hate the chrome so much.

I am about to do the brushed look, I found broken TPs on ebay for like $30. This phone would look hot with that mod plus the dye black battery plate.