View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 11:28 PM
motorious
N00b

motorious is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Overflow of information...need a bit of direction :)

Hey folks, I've used the search function and can't really find a thread like this.

I have a Bell (raph800 CDMA) touch pro and am finally looking to flash a new rom and require some direction as to which one. My criteria for a ROM (in order of desirability) are as follows:
  1. Battery Life (does anyone have numbers on what the latest builds of each ROM draw out of the box, with the radio version as a constant of course?).
  2. Speed (UI, etc).
  3. Stability
  4. GPS stability and lock speed (i.e. the ROM is preconfigured to help overcome the crappy GPS implementation in the Raph, radio constant of course).
  5. Up to date HTC apps, excluding TF3D/TF3D2, TF3D/TF3D2 is nice...but I prefer keeping those CPU cycles to a minimum to preserve battery life (i.e Camera, Album, etc).
  6. Windows Mobile 6.5 (I don't mind using 6.1, but thought I'd give 6.5 a shot ).
  7. Lack of software bloat (for lack of a better word). I prefer starting fresh and picking through my desired apps.

When I had my HTC Mogul, I flashed DCD's Roms, so I'm almost inclined to head that direction with my raph.

Would be awesome if anyone has some real numbers/and informed advice regarding my criteria above!

Also, I have to thank these developers that build the ROMS with their personal time. Having dabbled in software development myself a bit, I understand the work and commitment it takes, particularly when you are not getting paid!